Training and competing with your dog can be very rewarding. There’s nothing else like that feeling of connectedness when dog and handler are working as one. But it can also be quite tough as well…and frustrating at times.
When you started out, I’m sure, like me, you discovered your dog wouldn’t always work as well for you in the ring whilst in training he performs perfectly! Ever been told “it’s not the dog it’s you?” and not known what to do about YOU?
As handlers and trainers, we typically focus on technical dog training skills to improve performance in the ring, but less frequently do we work on our own mental strategies to cope with or remove the fears, anxiety, stress and pressure that stops us from giving our best in the ring.
That’s why we’ve created the Pawz4Thought Winter Weekend Workshop to support dog handlers and trainers at all levels to enhance the ‘YOU’ aspects that have the greatest impact on performance.
Any top sports person will tell you the most successful competitors in any sport are often those with the most positive mental attitudes, motivation strategies, self confidence and the ability to visualise success. This winter workshop will provide you with a comprehensive ‘toolkit’ for removing the mental and emotional blocks that get in the way of you giving your best.
So if you’re a dog handler, trainer, or business owner…
And you would like to:
- Deliver tangible results and have fun with your dog
- Increase your focus and get the results you want
- Feel calm, focused and confident going in the ring
- Get your hands on more rosettes and trophies
- Maintain a high level of consistency
- Have more fun and enjoyment in our sport
- Finding you lack confidence from time to time
- Finding you sometimes have lapses in focus and concentration
- Experiencing difficulty coping under pressure
- Feeling like you’ve lost your motivation mojo
- Experiencing negative reactions to judges and other handlers
- Feeling anxious/nervous
- Easily intimidated by people around the rings
- Wondering if you can really do this…
Then The Pawz4Thought Winter Weekend Workshop Is For You
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Angela Watson. I’m a performance coach and qualified trainer and master practitioner in NLP (a form of cognitive psychology). I’ve been running my own coaching and development business since 2007. I’ve competed myself since 2011. It was a natural progression to wonder how my coaching work could empower people and their dogs to compete at their best in the show ring. With key tools and strategies you can give your best AND have fun with your dog.
- You can give your best and have more podium topping moments
- You can give your best and bring out the best in your team mate.
- You can give your best and have more fun in our sport.
It’s my mission to empower handlers to be more successful and have more fun in our sport.
Here’s what you’ll get on the workshop:
- A 3 day course starting on Friday afternoon at 2pm and finishing on Sunday at 4pm.
- A range of topics from 3 core areas ‘ Understanding You’, ‘Learning The Tools’, and ‘Preparing for Competition’.
- A comprehensive toolkit for success
- By doing this we’ll get laser focused on what you want to achieve.
You’ll learn the same tools, techniques and approaches which have been used by hundreds of thousands of people to achieve better results in business as well as sport.
The workshop will be tailored to your individual needs and will combine elements from the following three areas:
- Where are you now?
- Self Perception (as a dog handler, trainer, business owner etc)
- Identifying your core handler values
- Where do your personal strengths lie?
- What do you want to achieve?
- Understanding your motivators
- Your learning style
- Factors affecting your physical and psychological state
- Setting goals and future aspirations
- Recognising your commitment to change
Learning the Tools
- Transforming negative to positive focus
- Building self confidence
- Increasing your chances of getting the results you want
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Visualising success
- Improving concentration
- Learning to relax
Preparing for Competition
- Understanding why it goes well and why it doesn’t
- Preparing mentally for competition
- Creating preparation routines
- Handling the ‘mood hoovers’
- Effective post performance analysis.
Is this course for you?
My goal is to make Pawz4Thought the ‘GO TO’ place supporting competitive dog handlers and trainers with high quality sport and personal development.
I will be delivering quality content specifically tailored for you, and I will be able to answer any ‘brain training’ related questions you have.
This Pawz4Thought Winter Weekend Workshop is for you if:
- You know it’s about YOU, not your dog
- You’re ready and willing to change
- You’re prepared to put the work in
- You believe your dog deserves the best and you want to be the best you can be.
- You’re up for having fun while you learn!
I’m really looking forward to welcoming you in. And I know you’re going to love it!