If you are interested in developing yourself, supporting the development of others, and combining it with your love for dogs and a non-directive coaching approach, then this 3 day coach/facilitator/trainer training could be just what you’re looking for.
The course is set up to provide an intensive experience in Canine Facilitated Learning Methods scheduled as a 3 day programme. This course is designed for personal and professional use and will focus on a selection of non-directive coaching, training, and facilitation methods including:
- Canine Facilitated Learning – the Pawz 4Thought philosophy and approach
- Experiential Learning – Hawkins double loop learning cycle
- Mental maps – focus, filters, and attention
- The CLEAN facilitation model
- Neurological levels of change and congruence
- Creating the ‘space’ for Canine Facilitated Learning
- CLEAN observation and non-judgemental feedback
- Developing rapport, trust, credibility and presence
- Working with canine, individual and group metaphors
- Managing the dog-human interaction
- Creating and selecting appropriate learning activities.
- Developing 1-1, team, and canine facilitated interventions
- Energy awareness and energy management when facilitating individuals and groups.
The learning process is experiential, emergent, and reflective. Much of the content is drawn from what is happening in the moment. The group’s attention is persistently drawn to the collective and individual course outcomes and how they are being demonstrated in the ‘here and now’, thus combining emergent learning with training and reflection at all times.
Foundation in Canine Facilitated Experiential Learning
Course Leader: Angela Watson.
Previous experience working with dogs is essential and a sound knowledge of basic coaching skills is required.
Individual and corporate funding accepted.
Next intake: September 2015
Please email email@example.com for more information or to book your place.